Sunday, January 22, 2012

Putting on Confidence vs. Embodying Confidence

Is there a difference between 'putting on confidence,' and 'embodying confidence?'

There's a slight contrast and a subtle difference. When I hear, 'putting on,' I envision getting dressed or donning oneself. On the other hand, 'embodying' refers to a part of my being. There is no separation between me and confidence. I just am...

Why is this even important?

What if I forget to 'put on confidence?' Truthfully, there are days I forget to put on earrings, forget to put on perfume and sadly enough there have been days I forgot to put on confidence. There's nothing that I can do most effectively and believably without it. Every time, I leave my confidence off, I compromise the witness of God in my life, the depth and uniqueness of my gifts and talents and the ability to authentically connect with others.

Confidence is not something that I can afford to leave behind. So how do I go from 'putting on,' to 'embodying?'

Being full convinced of who God has created me to be and who He is in my life. Hebrews 10:35-36 talks about not throwing away confidence because there is a great reward for those who endure.

The ability to endure says to me that things will come to test and break my confidence. If I maintain it throughout, the reward will be well worth the struggle. I'm challenging myself (and you if it applies) to move from just 'putting on' confidence to 'embodying' confidence. 'Putting on' says we have the ability to take it off, but 'embodying' says it's who we are and we can't afford even for a minute to take it off.

Be Confidence!

Kris
@kristenlpopetv







No comments: