Thursday, January 19, 2012

Procrastination is no friend of mine!



As I write this, I realize I procrastinated to start this post.

When did procrastination, with it's evil lurking head seep into my life? 
Even reading the definition of procrastination is painful: To put off doing something, especially out of habitual carelessness or laziness; To postpone or delay needlessly. 
Ouch! This truth hurts.
I started noticing that some of my priorities were out of line a month ago. Naturally, I'm a very organized person. Creating good methods of tracking and follow up are some of my strong abilities. However, lately, I've noticed that my urgency to tackle simple tasks or follow-up is lack luster.

Since I'm an obsessive compulsive self-fixer, I've begun taking steps to combat this leaky faucet called procrastination. Not with a patch or a band-aid, but with deconstruction and rebuilding. 

Deconstruct - To break down into components; dismantle. To write about or analyze (a literary text, for example), following the tenets of deconstruction. To expose or dismantle the existing structure in (a system, organization, etc.)
Rebuilding - To remodel or make extensive changes in; the activity of constructing something again.
I'm on a mission to deconstruct and rebuild.  My first steps include committing this verse to memory: The hand of the diligent will rule, but the slack hand will be put to forced labor. - Proverbs 12:24 (NASB); prioritizing what's most important and putting everything in a category; reading through my unread emails, surveying all unfinished projects with either plans to complete or abort the task.

Procrastination is no friend of mine! He's actually my enemy. Along with doubt, worry and fear. My life plan has no room for any of them!

In 21 days, I will include an update on my progress. 

Death to procrastination!

Kris

1 comment:

AB said...

I concur; this reminder is right on time.
I'm joining the movement: PIN-FOM, PIN-FOM, PIN-FOM!

Procrastination is no friend of mine!

Thank you. Thank you. To the top we go!!! Amen to Proverbs.