Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Life Without Christ

In my early adult Christian life, I heard the terms, "the world," and "the kingdom," to define those who were not in relationship with Christ and the mindset that goes along with their lifestyle and those who were in relationship and their holy lifestyle. As I've grown and developed in my Christian walk I believe that a relationship modelling your life after Jesus the Christ should look a certain way, but I don't believe it's as black and white as the terms suggest, but there is a foundation.

This thought has been bombarding me: What would my life look like without Christ? It became such a broken record that I had the thought investigate further. When I look at society or "the world," I see people hurting one another, unloving, glorying the wealthy while casting off the poor, emulating stereotypes, portraying themselves as carbon copies instead of a unique original.

Christ, in my opinion is the greatest example of faith and life lived whole that we have ever known. He set the standard for a relationship with God, our Father and people. He is the blueprint for how we are to do the same.

My life without Christ looks lost. Being in relationship with someone is constant work of sowing. The same is true for my relationship with Christ. I have to chose to be in a relationship with him everyday. It's not enough for me to "get saved," and never talk to him again, or never take the time to get to know him. It's a daily journey.

When I haven't spent time with God, listening to the Holy Spirit and studying Jesus, I feel lost, out of focus, like I'm searching for my center.

I need him. "The world," needs him. If you're searching for a deeper meaning in life...you probably need him too.

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. - John 14:6

Kristen
@kristenlpopetv





No comments: