Friday, December 16, 2011

Mistaken Identity

If someone asked you, "who are you," how would you respond?

It seems like an easy question. Almost too easy. There are many ways to answer. You could answer with your name, your passion, your career, some connection to your family. Growing up, I always felt connected to some kind of royalty. My parents always made me feel like I was apart of a larger legacy, a greater purpose that stretched outside of myself.

As life continued, events occurred to confirm this connection and events occurred to totally rob me of it. At one point in my life, I was so far gone from who I was, I was essentially lost. After some personal searching, rediscovery and rebuilding, I became convinced that I am, The King's Daughter. I am God my Father's child. No matter what happens to me, or what I do, or where I end up that one fact remains true.

Through my life's journey, some of my decisions didn't line up with this fact. I've made decisions out of fear, hurt, insecurity, doubt -- hoping and believing for the best. I've made some decisions forgetting who I am and the power that lies within me. My challenge is to make who I am consistently line up with what I do and the decisions I make.

My life is a living testimony, but it's also a living witness.

Who are you?

Blessings,
Kristen

No comments: