Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Finishing this year strong!

Is this thing on??

I've been gone from the blogosphere for over two months! It feels much longer than that. Forgive me. Regular and infrequent readers have asked me when was I going to write another post. I took a pause, but the work didn't stop.

Since we last spoke, so much great has happened. My hubby and I attended a "Marriage Covenant Retreat," in the Bahamas. One of my best friends became "formally," engaged and we showered her with great joy on a beautiful afternoon. I co-hosted the 24th Annual Thurgood Marshall Scholarship Fund Gala Red Carpet show. Yes - it was amazing! It was also one of the most high pressured situations I've been in and it felt so natural. Blair Underwood, Lynn Whitfield and Rebecca Crews were some of the people I interviewed. It was pretty surreal and I can't take any credit! I had a great meeting with a newer television station in Somerset, NJ. (Great things are coming is all I can say about that)

My hubby and I spent Thanksgiving in Maryland with Richard's extended family. Most of the holiday was spent with his Grandfather in the nursing home. This is his first year there. For someone so independent, the transition has been tough. Our time together was very rich. Richard and I went back to relationship counseling to discuss the issues we found ourselves coming against in this first year of marriage. Let me just say, I love counseling. I love it when we need it and when we don't. There is a peace and a cleansing and a renewal that I love about the openness of our sessions.

Welcome to December! We're in the last month of the year. How? When? How? LOL! It's crazy. I feel like I just got married and I'm a month away from celebrating my first year anniversary. Wow. What a year...

We managed to put up our Christmas tree. It really makes me feel that Christ's birth season is upon here. We also joined our church's Media Ministry. This is going to be really fun! Working together with Richard is always a fun adventure. Together we are a "RADIKL" force (shameless plug) to be reckoned with. I look forward to serving the church in an impactful with through my passion.

As we prepare to wrap 2011, I am in full organization, prioritizing, goal-minded, mode. My prayer time, quiet time, Bible time is much more intense. I believe 2012 is going to ask a lot of me and I want to be ready. My hearing and my visioning needs to be sharp.


The feeling that I have barely scratched the surface of my potential, my marriage's potential is fuel to shoot for the moon and keep stepping out on faith. I am seeing so many of my most inexplicable but amazing experiences add up to the work God is doing in my life. Nothing is wasted.

There is already a lot under construction and underway for debut in 2012. I can't wait to share with you.

Thank you for continuing this journey with me. I'm praying for you as we finish strong--together!

Only love!
Kristen

No comments: