Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Expect Good News!

This morning started a bit off center. By the time I left the house, my heart was so full and lifted I could float. The reason...my husband's grand gesture of humility. Whether it took a lot for him to extend this gesture or it didn't, it set my heart on course to have a wonderful day. The bible says to guard your heart for out of it flows the issues of life. Richard's extension cured the issue of my heart. It was truly the best way to start the day.

From there, I was encouraged. With the course of the day in motion, I actually didn't need anything else, from the day that is. The day could continue as planned with no additional fireworks.

Early in the day a friend told me to expect great news today. I took it as additional encouragement for an already great day. But instead -- great news came! One of my best friends, Tatiana, has been vacationing in Costa Rica for the last week. Her vacation was cut short when she sustained a life threatening injury in a recreational accident. Midway through her vacation, she found herself in the hospital having surgery. She was originally due to come home yesterday, however the doctors required she remain in the hospital until further notice. Her prognosis has been everything from bed rest for a month and half to staying in the hospital for up to a week.

This afternoon, good news arrived! She's been cleared to leave the hospital as early as tomorrow. Bed rest is not necessary, however she will need to be on crutches for the next few weeks.  I don't know about her, but for me, it's a sigh of relief. I've been to many countries, and the one thing I never wanted to happen was to become ill or need medical attention in a foreign country. It might be my short-sidedness, but it's outside my comfort zone.

During my honeymoon in Australia that hope came to an end. I experienced a paralyzing back spasm that required me to go to the emergency room and be treated for most of the day. I was so thankful Richard was by my side the entire time. Even though the hospital/medical/healthcare system in Australia is great. Anywho...

God is faithful. Tatiana has a powerful testimony to add to her life's story.

Expect good news!
Kristen

No comments: