Thursday, December 15, 2011

Dont' Wait!

Does procrastination, inconsistency, burnout or complacency (I feel like I just said a string of cuss words) ever enter your body, infiltrate your spirit and takeover?? I know that was kind of dramatic, but all of them have quietly settled in my mind, words and actions at some point in life.

We are two weeks away from welcoming 2012 and on schedule people are working on their annual New Year's resolutions.  I'm not a believer in New Year's resolutions. Anything that I set out to accomplish, plan to complete or create as a goal I'm starting now.  A good friend shared a quote year's ago that echos in my mind - "Don't wait for life to be perfect to be great."

One thing that is for certain, time marches on and you can't reach back and grab the moments you wasted or pause the clock to catch up. Anything you want to master and become great at takes consistent practice and the longer we wait, the longer we delay our impending greatness.

Every new day presents a second chance, not just the stroke of midnight on December 31st. Every new day presents an opportunity to take steps, plant seeds, and grow an inch closer. There's no need to wait to begin being great or start that thing you want so desperately to accomplish.

2012 will come and go and so will your resolutions. There are few destinations in life. Once you get to one place, the journey still continues on to the next place.

Seize the moment!
Kristen

No comments: