Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Underground Royalty

Despite what you hear on the radio, with the exception of a few, good music is still being created. All throughout the cracks of New York, the up and coming, soulful and talented are being showcased. The underground circut of artists is booming...so the legacy of royalty continues.
Allow me to digress briefly to last week. As always the line up for shows, listening sessions and concerts were plentiful. My picks were the Faces in the Crowd Showcase (hottest underground showcase in NYC), the Roots listening session, and Franklin Bridge topped with my personal fave to the left, to the left: Eric Roberson. By the time I got to Friday, I was so amped to get in the studio and get to work. The inspiration was pouring out of venue after venue. Live bands, relatable lyrics, contagious energy, everybody jammin....I can never forget why this is my first love.
Which brings me to this week. Yesterday at Shrine in Harlem, the talent continued. My homie Will and I got an offering of more greatness emerging in the underground scene. Check out this rockstar when you get chance: http://www.myspace.com/kikimusic. 5'0 tall, maybe 90 pounds and she rocked out like Mick Jagger. I took tonight off from hitting up shows to work on songs for my next performance this month. I'll keep you posted with the details. This Thursday looks be a good interlude before my studio session on Saturday. I'm going to the Blender Theater to see Janelle Monae perform. Her look, and sound is so fresh. The heartbeat of good music in NYC is pumping hard.
Till next time, you can catch me underground...

Verse for the day: Proverbs 4:20-22
POWER TWINS: FAITH and PATIENCE
Lata~#1CHISista!

No comments: