Thursday, April 24, 2008

Shouldn't Have Left You Without a Dope Song to Step to

It's been a long minute since we last rocked together. Longer than I anticipated, but I'm back. A lot has happened in the last week and half. To avoid dwelling in the past, I'll give a quick recap on some things I got into and then on to our gift: the present.

Last night, my family the legendary David Lawrence and I inhaled a dose of his weekly underground music fix at APT in the meat packing district. Rich Medina (the deejay) is always on point. It was so chill and soulful, I thought I was back in Chicago for a minute. Especially when I bumped into J.Ivy and Tarry Torae, two of Chicago's finest lyrists.

My beautiful Mom flew in from Florida to hang with her first born this past weekend. Her timing couldn't have been more perfect. She arrived right in the middle of my "Lonely in New York" ballad. By the time she had to leave, I scrapped that song. Mom's have a way of making all the dark days bright, the sad days happy and the lonely nights seem full of folks.

I also checked out the best monthly underground, unsigned artist showcase in the NYC: Faces in the Crowd showcase hosted by Chalant and Reality. Pharoahe Monch graced the stage for the song he was featured on by an artist. The energy is always positive and love is always shown. Check out some of the music moguls who were in the building. It's always an inspiring fellowship of talent.



Now back to the present day, which truly is a gift. Waking up everyday in probably the greatest city in the United States, and pursing my passions is a gift. Being surrounded by greatness that are my peers, my mentors, my colleagues, my heros, my dreams everyday, challenging me to be better is a gift. To sum it up, I'm...yeah, you know. BLESSED.




BLESSED
Empowered to succeed, destined to believe
That I can do anything I put my mind to
Creative ability weaves me together, than pulls me apart
Putting me right back where I started, in the Father's arms
He gave me a special touch, before I entered this world's ways
He set me apart, and gave me His name
So in Him I must remain, so I can continue to live...BLESSED
No weapon formed against me shall prosper
I'm heir to the thone of honor. One day I'll call Heaven home
When I wake up, I shine like the sun. I shine like the stars
All my desires are fulfilled, because I'm...BLESSED
I eat only the good of the land. I'm full of BLESSINGS
My steps are ordered. I walk as the King's Daughter
My battles are won, my paths are made straight
My life is a testimony. God sent me to sing my story
And let the world know...I'm BLESSED!
I keep a pen handy, so I never forget the day
He wiped my tears, took away my fears, healed my pain and flooded me with his BLESSED rain.
He called me to Reign. To walk without shame.
To live and not die, to love and not hate.
His righteousness is my claim to fame. No trophies on the wall.
But a promise in my heart that He will never let me fall, because I'm....BLESSED.
He catches me everytime I slip. He's always right at my fingertips. Just a call away.
He's says, "Look around Kris. The world is yours, and I gave to you so that you...CAN BLESS!"
Verse of the Day: Isaiah 63:7
Keep God 1st in your life
Till next we sing....
#1CHISista!




No comments: