Tuesday, May 6, 2008

MAY FLOWERS


Flowers are the result of pollination, followed by fertilization, leading to the formation and dispersal of the seeds. I believe that this is often times not an easy process. Specifically the process of growth and development. Sometimes there is a struggle, a tugging back and forth of different forces and then there is the downpour of rain, heavy rain. I think the heavier the rain, the harder the stuggle to fight against the odds of survivial. Last month in April, I had a downpour of some heavy rain. There was definitely the stuggle of forces to stay motivated, and encouraged to rise to the next level. My mental, emotional, and spiritual capacities were warring against the process of growth, healing and development. I took my eyes off of the goals for a moment and focused on the obstacles and enemies put here for my demise. Last week, the sun came out and my flowers began to bloom. All the fertilization and rain is proving to be totally worth it. My soul is rejoicing for the next level; the rise. Without growth and development, there is no next level. There's only a tapering off. I'm so happy that I stuck out the period of rain, because right around the corner were multitudes of blessings!
I just got back from Detroit Michigan yesterday from celebrating new life getting ready to be born in 30 days; a beautiful baby girl to be exact and I'm the proud Godmother! Below is a picture of my best friend Desiree and I at her baby shower in her hometown this past Sunday. It was a rejoicing good time and a great opening into another subject.
This topic is very near and dear to my heart. As a matter of fact it is most of what's in my heart. It's the subject of helping one another achieve their destiny and specifically women empowering other women. Last week, I attended VIPink hosted by the WEEN (Women in Entertainment Empowerment Network) organization founded by Valeisha Butterfield. Bryan Michael Cox performed. (In the picture above Lauren Lake (WEEN) interviewed him) This organization is bringing women together in a positive, supporting envoirnment. Something we don't see often enough. I applaud and admire organizations like WEEN and NABFEME, because they reinforce what women ought to always be doing: supporting each others visions and goals and creating an envoirnment where we can nuture one another, instead of having to rely on toxic relationships and negative envoirnments for affirmation. Which leads me to next point. (I love the way this is all flowing).
A huge part of what I want to do in this life, here on earth before I go to Heaven :-) is help this effort of empowering young women. Currently, I am starting an organization that is dedicated to doing this. My organization is called: The King’s Daughters™. My mission is to help young women identify who they are and help them develop the gifts that are inside of them. When I was younger I was not always able to articulate what I wanted to do or wanted to pursue in life. When people wanted to help me, it was hard because I couldn't give a clear picture and description. At times, I also struggled with self confidence and self esteem. My mission is also to help young women affirm who they are through Christian principles and not their outside circumstances, like the father that was never around, the bad relationship they just got out of, or the teasing that scarred them emotionally. I want to remind them of their royal heritage through Christ and their rich ancestry and change the negative images they may have formed about themselves. I am going to incorporate music, theater and of course travel! and many more elements of the arts, entertainment and of course Christian counselling. Getting ready to welcome my first Godchild into the world is a huge responsibility and joy for me. Surrogate parents have to be ready to step in at moments notice to handle parental duties and they are a vital part of the village that helps to raise that child.
As part of my month celebrating "May Flowers," I am travelling to Miami and the "Show Me State," this month to see more of my loved ones and surround my self with the people who have always been there for me, supported me and cheered me on at the finish line before I even got there. Since travelling is spiritual for me, this is also time I am using to gather inspiration for songs and ideas for my new empowerment organization that is already global! Look for more updates on The King’s Daughters™.

Just a sidenote... Today, I had the pleasure of meeting one of the world's greatest, genius, Gemini artists ever: Andre 3000 Benjamin. I'll keep the details surrounding our meeting private for now:-) However, I will say he has great energy. Very serene and peaceful, like he was back in Atlanta chillen under an oak tree enjoying the breeze. And for the ladies...what a smile. :-) It was a great ending to the perfect song (day)....

Till we sing again,
Verse for the Day: Ephesians 5:19 (Very appropriate for our conversation)
#1CHISista!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kris,

I can't say enough how much of a blessing this vision is that God has given to you. I am truly glad to know that He has used you as the vessel to pour His spirit upon ALL flesh!!! This is a blessing, and God is going to bless you, though He has already. Lot's of things are in store for you Kris! Just keep letting Him use you. I am ready ready ready!!!

Love ya girl!

Chilli