Thursday, November 13, 2008

Stretch My Muscles - Freestyle III

***SHINING STAR***

Light in the dark
Joy in the pain
Love that rains
Love that pours

I'm a Beauty with a name

Unique amongst many
Charming outside and in
Laughter begins at the sight of him

Tried to put me in a box
Tried to make me his "bot"
Oppress and depress my shine
Blow out my twinkle
My candle burned too bright
The flame of my heart
Passionate from the start
Not ashamed to show my affection
Open about my intentions
Unique amongst many
Different from the plenty
Called out from the crowd

Told me I was less
Not quite right
Imperfect in his eyes
But well able between the thighs

Still not good enough

My vision is a little blurry
My hearing is a little a worried
Because now his opinion counts
His voice sounds in my sleep
When I wake up
I spend the day in night
Dark rules over the light

Mind over matter
Life over death
Air for my breath
Healing for my heart

Bruised and scarred
Mr. Right turned into Mr. Wrong
His name changed
When he changed his tune
Sang the wrong song
"Bump n' Grind" instead of "All my Life" (LOL)

What happens when the stars go dim
No hope the future
No kisses under Moonlight
No hugs at Midnight

The whole world is waiting for me
To turn my light back on
Glow in the dark
Illuminate greater than Times Square
Light brighter than Rockefeller Center

What happens when a star goes dim
She needs to be turned on again
This time the switch is from within
A place hidden in secret
Where no one can see it
Or turn the tables
Or break her heart

Shine bright little star!
The whole world is waiting for your arrival
Midnight into Daylight
New life is growing
Seasons change
But your light remains

***To all my stars...his opinion never mattered. SHINE BRIGHT! YOU ARE THE LIGHT***

Word of the Day: Proverbs 28:20
Shining,
The Billionairess

No comments: