Sunday, November 2, 2008

INSPIRED

It's Sunday evening and I'm at the office. Doesn't sound like much fun, but its purposeful. The office is quiet right now (except that I am listening to the Idlewild soundtrack) making focus and clarity evident. I plan to write this into my weekend; a few hours on Sat or Sun, I will come in the office to work on work, song writing and the KINGDOM VISION.

The weekend has been full of celebrations. My girlfriend and fellow choir songstress Aja just got promoted at her job! My past and future travelling compadre Marcus passed the South Carolina State bar! Yesterday's message at church confirmed my life in full: the year I have had, my present day and what's to come!! To celebrate, some friends and I went out to stuff our faces and feed our souls with shouts of joy in light of all the great things happening!

This afternoon I had brunch at Max Brenners with my good friend Arin who's also pursuing her passion of singing and recording: http://myspace.com/arinmayamusic, http://noseandeyelashes.blogspot.com/. (Check out this glowing beauty). The conversation and mix of creative energy was the perfect yellow light during my day. We talked music, travels, experiences in NYC (we're both from the WINDY) and the journey of life. On our mission to good food, we ran into some locally and internationally known musicians underground in Union Station's subway. The "Hypnotic Brass Ensemble" (http://hypnoticbrass.blogspot.com/, http://www.myspace.com/hypnoticbusiness - pic above) also from the WINDY have toured with Mos Def, and independently released two albums. Arin knows them personally and I only remembered them vaguely from seeing them play underground in Times Square. They sounded so professional and played with much passion like "The Roots." I did what any music lover would do...I bought their cd for $10.00. I got home, listened to album and was thankful I spent the money. That was at least a year ago. Fast forward to today, after touring internationally, performing with Mos Def, gaining a significant fan base, I find them underground playing with the same passion and musicanship. I'm inspired.

We all have to start somewhere. No matter how small, the key is to never give up. Never quit. The seeds you sow today, will bear the fruit you enjoy tomorrow. Keep the same momentum and excitement about that thing you're working on from Day 1 to Day 365.

Additionally (my new favorite word), I saw Sen. (soon to be Pres.) Barack Obama live from Ohio on CSPAN today. Do you agree that if you have seen Sen. Obama speak, you can't help but be inspired. His journey, his passion, his faith and his diligence to stay the course no matter the obstacles is inpsiring. Are you convinced that VICTORY is going to take place on Tuesday? Don't doubt, just believe. If you are not on the Obama side of things...it's cool. I respect all points of view. Just know, he's gonna WIN. :-) xo Regardless of your viewpoint, excercise your RIGHT and your AUTHORITY to VOTE on Tuesday, November 4th. Take part in this historical election. We will never travel this road again.

Word of the Day: Proverbs 18:21
Always Inspiring,
"The Billionairess"

1 comment:

Eb the Celeb said...

I love that brass band... everytime I see them on the subway I have to stop... more times than not they have made me late for something... and have all their CD's... yup... they got me buying one everytime I see them too