Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bathroom Break!

Happy Summer!
I hope you enjoyed a blessed and adventurous 4th of July holiday. I spent half the day in hot sun on Martha's Vineyard and the other half travelling back to my lover in Stamford, Connecticut. It was a great ride as it included diverse conversation with my girlfriends about school days, men, career, memories and more!

It's been a jam packed few months.

Rewinding to May - my girlfriends and I had a sleepover at, Richard and I attended two birthday parties and wedding by the end of the month. It's got us ready for our month of celebration since both of our birthdays are in June. June started with my birthday and my cousins wedding in ATL. Our trip allowed me to introduce RP3 to so many dear friends of mine whom live a little ways away...
A couple weeks later we travelled to Boston and stayed with great friends and their family. We attended our third wedding in less than a month and it was by far the most life-changing wedding we had been to. The spirit of the ceremony was so pure and beautiful. The following day we celebrated RP3's birthday at one of his favorite asian restaurants.

Last week, I headed to the second annual trip to Martha's Vineyard with my girlfriends and a great bonus - my Mom. It was a great vacation. The house was quaint and perfect for our eight person stay. 

This week, I prepare to shoot the remaining parts of my newsreel. It's been a long time coming and huge investment and sacrifice from both Richard and myself. It's grounding to see it all come together in such a divine way. God has truly been at the center of it all. I feel blessed to be used as the vessel, as I keep stepping up.

This also leads up to preparations for the National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ) Annual Convention in Philadelphia this August. My mind is focused on bringing my A game, my innovation and my best self. Thankfully, my confidence is high as I continue this narrow road. My prayer is that God helps me keep it there and take it further. I believe my steps are ordered for this opportunity and that His will is my heart's desire. I look forward to bringing back divine testimonies of my experiences over the next 30 days.

Preparation is truly the key. I am learning how important it is to always be prepared...for anything! Always being ready. When you're ready, the encounters chase you down. The opportunities chase you down - because you're ready.

Be Blessed! Be Ready!

Kristen Pope
"The Billionairess"

No comments: