Saturday, July 3, 2010

Blessed Beyond Measure

I'm in Connecticut this morning, praising God for just being God in my life. Thanking God for filling my cup to overflowing.

I'm putting the finishing touches on my packing for this weekend's trip to Rhode Island and Martha's Vineyard with the girls. I'm so excited! I've never been to MV and we're fortunate to stay in the house of very good friends of my parents.

6 ladies...one house. How could this not be exciting!? I'm thankful for them and their friendship.

This morning RP3, in his helpful way put music on my iPod for the trip, made my breakfast, tea and a nail appointment for a mani/pedi nearby his place. The sun is shining so bright. Joy and peace have to be emminent.

He's not even bothered that I have turned his apartment upside down packing. Peace in the midst of chaos. Ummovable love.

This morning we listened to a song that I wrote and recorded five years ago, when I first moved to NYC. My how time flies. Maybe I'll re-record it and sell it. I spoke to my Mom this morning about wedding stuff and she was unusally agreeable. (I think that birthday gift card to Cole Haan helped =)

Although my thoughts are a litte scattered and this post is probably bouncing from one idea to the next...I reflect. I'm blessed beyond measure.

I'm here, loved, educated, whole, afforded the opportunity to travel with friends, engaged to a man who uncondionally loves me. I'm talented, my family is whole and to top it off...the sun is shining.

Whatever adversity comes my way today, is not permitted to erase my smile or steal my peace and joy. When the good outweighs the bad the way it does today, there is no more room for negativity.

Love is on my mind and in my heart. I hope you know how blessed you are too.

Just to be alive...

Love,
Kris

No comments: