Monday, October 6, 2008

Stretch My Muscles - Freestyle II

I Fly High

The low road, the road most travelled
The high road, the road travelled by champions
Olympians and now new millennium politicians

The low road where the little play and the little squander
The high road; where we don't ponder, we decide
We make changes in the world in which we abide

Soaring beyond the clouds with minds set on prosperity,
longevity; pressing toward the mark to become a better you, become a better me
I can see clearly from up here

Taking chances, taking risks, taking life by the wrists
Leaving the past in a cloud of rain to fall on the 
haters that wished you pain

Beauty for ashes and dust to dust
The past is dead and life with wings as an eagle is a must
The low road can't sustain my high hopes

I put distance between me and she, me and he
To explore the air up there, up here
in a heaven of dreams. When I rest I float.

The low road, the road most travelled
Popularity abounds on the ground.
The high road, the road travelled by champions
I fly high, sometimes solo...in the sky.

"The happy heart runs with the river,
floats on the air, lifts to the music,
soars with the eagle, hopes with the prayer." - Maya Angelou

Verse for the Day: Job 4:4
Poetically,
Kristen Lauren

No comments: