Friday, September 26, 2008

I Gotta Testify!

Allow me share my testimony of the week (I say the week because I expect to experience and share favor filled testimonies with you weekly)!!!! 

I have been songwriting for 15 years and it's only been in the last two years that I have taken this gift seriously instead of for just recreation. Today, I can say with confidence that the Lord has called me to write and sing His music; one of the biggest reasons for Him sending me to New York. Since moving to NYC, the Lord has blessed me with opportunities to write demo's for up and coming artists, co-write songs for well known hip hop artists and just meet some great people in the music industry. In the last year, I have had in studio training with accomplished writers, producers, artists and engineers in the music industry as well.

 In an effort to continue working on my craft of becoming a serious songwriter, I enrolled in a songwriting course at NYU a couple of weeks ago. One day later after I enrolled in the class, it was dropped due to a lack of enrollment. I prayed that since the God closed that door, he would clearly open a new one. On Monday of this week, I got a call directly from the professor who was supposed to teach the class. He apologized for the class being cancelled although it was out of his control. However, he wanted to offer me an even better opportunity than the NYU class. He extended to me a personal invitation to join a select group of people to take songwriting sessions from him in his recording studio for the next month! After doing my research on him, I found out that he is a four-time Grammy nominated songwriter. His songs have sold over 27 million copies and he's worked with Brandy, Van Halen, and David Bowie to name a few. I always pray upon taking my desire to become a more skilled singer and songwriter to the next level, that the Lord open the doors that He would have me to walk through and allow me to work with the best, most anointed people He has to offer in music.  This open door is a door opened by my Father that no man can shut!  

*I'm doing my praise dance right now!* :-D

Word for the Day: Proverbs 21:13 

Lovingly,

Kristen ~ "Olympian Pen"

3 comments:

Eb the Celeb said...

Congrats missy... and good luck!

Anonymous said...

WOW! That's so amazing. I'm ecstatic for you!

Ecstatic. :)

Unknown said...

God is soooo good!!!