Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Mark 4:17 - My revelation

There is no greater text than the Bible. It never grows old. Revelation is always fresh and the lessons are unending. They always apply. As we continue to evolve as people the Bible stays relevant.

I read this verse, a verse I have read many, many times. Today, it fresh with new revelation. This verse is taking me to another level.

"and they have no firm root in themselves, but are only temporary; then, when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately they fall away" 

 I also relate this to James Chapter 1.


I read this verse and of course had to do a self check.

This says, 'no firm root in themselves,' not the bible, not people, not even God. To me it's saying, not knowing who we are or what we are called to be. It says not knowing our potential, or our divine power. & because we don't know when problems arise, we fall away or we give up on the path we're on because we don't who we are. We're not firmly rooted in what we believe or know about ourselves. It seems like as long as we don't know, we have to keep starting from square 1.


I don't want to be a sugar rush or a passionate high with no grounding, no roots to sustain my journey and process. God has given us the tools, but we have to have staying power and perseverance to stay the course.

Rooted,
Kristen

No comments: